Careers at Blaker
QUOTE OR ENQUIRY? EMAIL OUR TEAM
Due to significant business growth we are seeking enthusiastic team players to join our friendly Blaker Welding team, based near Billingshurst, West Sussex.
Welder / Machinery-Plant Technician
- Permanent – full time
- Experience is essential
- Based at our workshop in West Sussex, the role will require UK and overseas travel.
- Welding, fabrication and repairs to a range of industrial equipment.
- Manufacture, assemble and install specialist metal recycling equipment made at our premises. This equipment uses very strong magnetic components.
- Installation together with maintenance and repairs to recycling machinery located at customer sites throughout the UK and abroad.
Skills / Requirements:
- Able to weld steel from 1 mm to 75mm thick.
- Competent at Mig, Tig, Oxy/Acetylene cutting and welding.
- Able to operate a range of workshop equipment including a plasma cutter and Arcair Slice Cutting System.
- Experience of working with and welding Wear Plate.
- Able to read and understand production drawings.
- Prepared to travel throughout the UK and abroad..
- Undertake in-house training to fully understand how our metal recycling equipment operates.
- An understanding of metal properties and how they weld.
- Valid full driving licence
- Valid Passport
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to professionally represent Blaker at customer sites
- A desire to work overtime/away at short notice
- Team spirit.
Desirable, but not essential:
- Forklift licence
- Confined spaces training
- Working from height
- Coded welding certs
- Able to spray paint equipment.
- Salary – due to the unique nature of job, by negotiation
- Basic 40 hours per week
- 28 days holiday inc. public/ bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- All P.P.E provided
- Life assurance cover
- Overtime rate at 1½ or x 2 for Sundays.