Careers at Blaker
QUOTE OR ENQUIRY? EMAIL OUR TEAM
Manual Machinist Lathe Operator
We are seeking an experienced manual turner machinist to join our team. We provide a wide and varied range of services to our customers from repairing a broken shaft, repairing truck drive axles for main dealers, to producing complete recycling equipment machines.
- Position: permanent – full time
- Salary: £15:00 to £16:50 p/h
- Hours 08:00 to 17:00 Mon-Fri, overtime is paid at time and a half
- 20 days holiday P.A plus bank holidays
- Full PPE provided
- Company pension scheme plus free life assurance scheme
- Experience using the following metalworking machinery to high standards is paramount
- Lathes from 1m to 6m bed
- Milling machines up to 9m bed length
- Conventional drilling using pedestal and radial drills
- Surface grinders. slotting machines etc.
- Ability to work from drawings as well as inspecting damaged components to machine new
- Materials range from PTFE, all types of steel, brass, copper, bronze and aluminium
- Location: on-site at our workshop near Billingshurst, West Sussex.